Frequently Asked Questions
Setup guide - [WorldNet UFB] ASUS RT-N66U
The ASUS "Dark Knight" RT-N66U is one of the most popular 802.11a/b/g/n routers around, and for good reason -- it is fast and very powerful for its price tag. Thanks to Quick Internet Set Up it is also very simple to get it connected to the internet.
1. Attach antennas. Screw all three antennas into place to ensure your router will have range throughout your location.
2. Plug router into a power source.
3. Plug ethernet cable from internet source(modem, ONT) to internet port. You should already have internet connection with WorldNet. Plug one end of the provided ethernet cord into internet source (Ge1 port of ONT) and the other into blue ethernet port on the back of the RT-N66U.
4. Connect your PC to the router.
5. Go to the router’s access page in your browser.Your browser should automatically take you to the Router set up page (viewed below) if not type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
6. Change the username and password. The first step once you being the Quick Internet Setup is to give your RT-N66U an administrator's username and password. These will be used to adjust settings in the router and will be asked for every time you attempt to alter settings. So be sure to right this info down and put in a safe place.
Anyone who has access to your Wi-Fi and this username and password will be able to adjust settings on your router so be sure to choose a unique username and a strong password.
7. Wait. The router will take a moment to detect your Internet connection type.
8. Create a name for your network. The name, also known as SSID, identifies your network.
You can use the same name for both the 2.4GHz network and the 5GHz network or give them separate names, and even separate passwords. The 5GHz network can be significantly faster, but it has a smaller range and is more sensitive to interference like brick walls. It is a great choice for streaming HD content and gaming. The 2.4GHz network, with it’s better ranger if slightly slower speeds, is great for general Web browsing.
9. Connect WIFI. Once above configurations are done, next is to check the wireless connection.
Search SSID you set at step8 from the available WIFI networks.
Enter WIFI password you configured at step 8 into popup window.
10. Congratulations!! You should now have a fully functioning and secure ASUS RT-N66U router.