Frequently Asked Questions
Setup guide - [WorldNet UFB] TP-Link TL-WR941ND v6 and TL-WR940N
450Mbps Wireless N Router TL-WR941ND v6 and TL-WR940N is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business and home office networking requirements. With MIMO Technology, TL-WR940N creates an exceptional and advanced wireless performance, making it ideal for streaming HD video, VoIP and online gaming. Also, WPS button on the sleek and fashionable exterior ensures WPA2 encryptions, preventing the network from outside intrusions.
1. Plug router into a power source.
2. Plug ethernet cable from internet source(modem, ONT) to internet port. You should already have internet connection with WorldNet. Plug one end of the provided ethernet cord into internet source(modem, Ge1 port of ONT) and the other into blue ethernet port on the back of the 940N.
3. Connect your PC to the router.
4. Go to the router’s access page in your browser.Your browser should automatically take you to the Router set up page (viewed below) if not, type http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
The, you can see the login pop-up window. The default username and password is admin.
5. Start setup wizard. After successfully log in, you can click Quick Setup to configure your router.
Click Next, and then Choose WAN Connection Type page will appear.
The router supports three way to connect to internet. For WorldNet UFB, select Dynamic IP.
And then click Next, and Wireless page will appear.
Wireless Radio - Enable the wireless radio choosing from the pull-down list.
SSID - Enter a value of up to 32 characters. The same name of SSID (Service Set Identification) must be assigned to all wireless devices in your network. Considering your wireless network security, the default SSID is set to be TP-LINK_xxxxxx (xxxxxx indicates the last unique six numbers of each Router’s MAC address). This value is case-sensitive. For example, TP-LINK is NOT the same as tp-link.
Region - Select your region from the pull-down list. This field specifies the region where the wireless function of the router can be used. It may be illegal to use the wireless function of the router in a region other than one of those specified in this field. If your country or region is not listed, please contact your local government agency for assistance.
Channel - This field determines which operating frequency will be used. The default channel is set to 6. It is not necessary to change the wireless channel unless you notice interference problems with another nearby access point
Channel width - Select any channel width from the pull-down list. The default setting is automatic, which can adjust the channel width for your clients automatically.
After finishing all configurations of basic network parameters, please click Finish button to exit
this Quick Setup.
6. Connect WIFI. Once above configurations are done. Next is to check the wireless connection.
Search SSID you set at step9 from the available wifi networks.
Put wifi password you configured at step 9 into popup window.
7. Congratulations. You should now have a fully functioning and secure TP-Link TL-WR941ND v6 and TL-WR940N router.